Job Zone d’emploi
Join our Team!
Job Zone d’emploi is a provider of comprehensive employment services since 1985!
We are a non-profit all-inclusive organization that prepares, guides and assists individuals, in English and in French, to find employment through employment and career counselling, information resources, job opportunities and access to community and outreach services. We foster cooperative community partnerships in an effort to be responsive to our clients’ needs while being sensitive and respectful of the challenges facing them. We respond to the needs of employers by providing information on the local labour force, posting employment opportunities, as well as providing support for HR planning and recruitment.
What Benefits does Job Zone d’emploi offer?
- Paid personal time, sick time, vacation
- Comprehensive health benefits plan paid 100% by Job Zone d’emploi (after 3 months)
- RSP contribution by Job Zone d’emploi (after 2 years) based on a percentage of annual salary
Job Zone d’emploi is recruiting to fill a permanent position for a bilingual Office Assistant, who will act as administrative support to Job Zone d’emploi staff.
The bilingual Office Assistant will also be responsible for replacing the Receptionist/Switchboard Operator in Cornwall as needed.
The successful candidate would ideally:
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma AND either post-secondary studies in Office Admin or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an office setting
- Possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent English and French communication skills; oral and written
- Possess strong word processing skills
- Possess accurate typing and data entry skills
- Be able to multi task and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Be familiar operating general office equipment, i.e. fax, phone, photocopier, etc.
- Possess troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Be empathetic to the challenges facing the unemployed
- Be flexible and able to work in the changing work environment
- Have knowledge of local community resources
- Promote confidentiality as the norm
- Job requires working in an office setting.
- A neat and tidy personal appearance is required; casual business attire.
- Thirty five hour work week; Monday to Friday, with occasional overtime in the early morning, evenings, and/or weekends
- Use of office equipment required: computers, software specific to programs, fax, photocopier.
This position is posted internally and externally.
Job Zone d’emploi wishes to thank you for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Zone d’emploi is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the Accessible Canada Act 2019, upon request, all applicable provincial accessibility standards for accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.