Township of North Dundas
The Township of North Dundas is currently seeking to fill positions of Casual/Call-in Plow Operators with the Transportation Department to assist on an as needed basis, in the event of a staff shortage due to illness or lengthy weather events.
Wage rate is $27.57 per hour.
Applicants must possess a valid DZ driver’s license, be able to drive a standard transmission and have an acceptable driver’s abstract.
Responsible, under the direction of the Transportation Services Lead Hand and Patrol Foreman, for the daily operation of the Township’s Equipment for snow removal, road and sidewalk repair and resurfacing etc., as well as other duties assigned by Lead Hand or
- Minimum Secondary School Diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education determined by the employer
- Possess a valid “DZ” driver’s license
- Ability to drive standard transmission
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with solid communications
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Physically fit to perform the essential duties of the job
- Acceptable driving records for insurance purposes
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Experience in snow plowing and road construction would be considered assets.
- Experience in operating heavy equipment such as (Backhoe, Excavator, Grader
etc.) would be considered an asset.
- First Aid, CPR and WHMIS training considered assets
- Duties would include snow clearing, tree trimming and road maintenance such as cold patching, shouldering, edging etc.
- Perform day-to-day activities as assigned by Lead Hand or Patrol Foreman
- Participate in training (in-house, external, correspondence, etc.)
- Completion of individual attendance forms and reports as required by supervisor, e.g.: Logs, safety reports, inspection reports, etc.
- Participate in shop maintenance and cleaning activities
- Must maintain vehicles and vehicle logs in accordance with CVOR requirements
- Ensure proper use of equipment and compliance with safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Hand or Foreman
- Overtime work required, particularly during winter storms.
- 24 Hr. Call-in availability is required during winter season.