The Hub For Beyond 21 Foundation (“Beyond 21”)
Lead and facilitate activities for participants attending the Beyond 21 program. Collaborate in the development and implementation of person-centred plans, monitors progress of goals,
engages as a team member and is supportive to all staff, participants, caregivers, and community partners.
Position Type: Contract position ending August 1, 2024, with possibility of extension.
Location: Beyond 21 (1924 Pitt St, Cornwall, Ontario)
*Working hours may be at the Beyond 21, within the community, or other designated areas, including remote/virtual.
Hours of work: Monday-Friday from 8:00-3:15p.m.
*Some flexibility with hours may be necessary due to various events.
*General Facilitators are entitled to 30 minutes of break time during the day.
Deadline to apply: February 11, 2024
*Applications are being reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all Beyond 21 related Policies and Procedures are followed
- Actively participate in the development and execution of programming to facilitate the physical, social, emotional and environmental well-being of all participants
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate such as: cleaning work area or corresponding with families
- Utilize planning time in an effective manner
- Assist participants to develop skills so they may reach their full potential
- Implement actions that support the participant’s ability to reach their goals
- Actively ensure that the quality of programming and engagement is effectively applied while maintaining participants dignity and respect
- Engage participants in activities that are meaningful
- Encourage social interaction between participants
- Include participants in discussions and planning for programming
- Promote a safe environment for all
- Effectively implement positive behavioural support plans and provide feedback when necessary
- Organize, plan and implement various group activities Participate in activities within the community as they relate to the work or mission of Beyond 21
- Will assist with personal care
- Communicate in a positive and effective manner between your co-workers and other personnel
- Support and encourage an environment that is safe and productive to all members and participants of Beyond 21.
- Complete written reports as required. This includes a monthly report on individuals on your case load
- Communicate any areas of concern/feedback, opportunities, improvements, to the Executive Director
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information related to the agency, its Board of Directors, employees and participants
- Take care to protect the organizational resources
- At all times represent Beyond 21 in a positive manner
- Direct any social or local media questions or concerns to the Executive Director
Health and Safety
- Adhere to the Policies and Procedures in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario
- Visually inspect surroundings and notify supervisor or designate of any concerns
- Follow procedures for reporting all hazards, incidents and/or accident
On-going Education and Continuous Learning
- Maintain First Aid/CPR certificate
- Maintain Behaviour Management Systems Training (BMS)
- Complete necessary training as outlined by the Executive Director
- Diploma in Developmental Service, S.S.W, or equivalent
- Current First Aid and CPR training, or willing to obtain within specified period
- Previous experience working with individuals with developmental/physical impairments
- Strong ability to cope with stressful situations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Current Vulnerable Sector Police Screening (less than 3 months)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a participant-centric environment