The United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry
Working with County and local municipal staff, vendors and external organizations, the IT Systems Specialist is responsible for the deployment, operation, performance and security of IT infrastructure under the care of the County IT Services. Systems include but not limited to network security systems, wired and wireless networks, telephone system, video, physical and virtual servers and cloud platforms.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensures data integrity and confidentiality through security policies and procedures.
- Ensures data availability through policies and tested backup and recovery procedures.
- Ensures continued service delivery through policies and tested disaster recovery procedures and proactive monitoring of systems.
- Develops, implements and maintains network security systems, including firewalls, anti-virus systems and network monitoring tools.
- Develops, implements and maintains server infrastructure including virtualized and cloud servers.
- Develops, implements and maintains wired and wireless networks.
- Develops, implements and maintains telephone systems.
- Develops, implements and maintains video security system.
- Develops and maintains relevant documentation required by IT Service management framework (i.e. ITIL) including backup and security procedures.
- Provides consulting services to project teams and other stakeholders.
- Assists IT Services team with problem resolution.
- Follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures and report any non-compliance or possible safety risks.
- Carry out other related duties required to ensure efficiency of department and organization.
- Completion of a college degree in computer, information or technology related field and post-graduate certification in network, telephony, security or server infrastructure, with a minimum of 7 years experience; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience with ITSM frameworks, network, security, telephony, desktop and server environments.
- Ability to analyze IT processes and develop standard repeatable procedures based on standard frameworks. Proficiency with office productivity suites, databases, and collaboration tools.
- Experience working on multiple diverse projects. Proven strong ability to set priorities and multi-task to meet deadlines. Logical thinker with excellent communication, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to provide a current satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
Salary Range: $71,591 to $83,751 with full benefit package and pension
Follow this link to apply for this job: https://sdgcounties.bamboohr.com/careers/48
*Please note: Job Zone d’emploi does not take responsibility for the terms and conditions of the posted job.