The United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry
The United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Transportation Services Department has openings for Truck Drivers in all patrol areas and with various shift schedules. This is an ongoing recruitment which has no application deadline at this time.
- Maintain a valid DZ license
- Operate the County owned heavy equipment including front end loaders, 6 Ton Plow Trucks, tractor mowers and other mobile equipment in an efficient way according to all relevant County policies and procedures.
- Patrol the County roads, perform equipment and building maintenance and provide general labor as required.
- Perform daily safety checks and routine maintenance on the equipment you operate.
- Complete work reports, inspection sheets and other documentation as required by the Counties.
- Clean heavy equipment operated by you as scheduled and/or required.
- Advise the Patrol Supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repair according to County procedures.
- Participate in routine training, (WHMIS, Health & Safety, Winter Maintenance, etc.).
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Follow all Health & Safety policies and procedures and report any non-compliance or any possible safety risks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge & skills in the following areas:
- Truck and heavy equipment safety.
- Operation of front end loaders, 6 Ton plow trucks and other pieces of mobile equipment.
- Road construction and shoulder maintenance techniques.
- Record keeping systems.
- Heavy equipment cleaning and maintenance procedures.
- Demonstrated ability of safe operation of a variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Public relations skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to read and write English to complete operations reports.
- Time management skills.
Consideration will be given to applicants who possess a valid Class DZ license preferably for three years and have a demonstrated ability to get along in a small group.
Follow this link to apply for this job: https://sdgcounties.bamboohr.com/careers/47
*Please note: Job Zone d’emploi does not take responsibility for the terms and conditions of the posted job.